Secret Pal 6 Questionaire:
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?I am above the JoAnn's craft store selection, but below name brands like Debbie Bliss and Rowan. I go for Knit Picks and Elann.com stuff. I knit so fast, I'd go broke if could only use Rowan. Anything with animal fibers makes me happy.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
No spinning, not really crochet either.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)Perfume makes my nose really itchy.
4. How long have you been knitting?I learned when I was 14, I have been obsessivly knitting for about 2 years.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?YES, Amazon.com
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)Vanilla. If it's to perfumy, my nose gets really itchy.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?I love baked desserts. I try not to eat them too much - I don't like that guilty feeling.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?Cross-stitch, sewing, watercolor painting, decoupage.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)I like trip-hop. My favorite group is Lamb.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?I think I enjoy Dark red, but am more into pinks now. Charcoal grey is my favorite classic. I seem to have a lot of purple, but try not to wear it too much. I don't like many browns or yellows.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?I have a fabulous boyfriend (Jesper), a mellow cat (Stella) and deteriorating goldfish (Pedro).
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)To be happy most every day. Including knitting, sailing, travel.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?Baby Alpaca
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?100% Acrylic and novelty yarns.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?Gifts for X-mas in time not to stress out.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?Slippers and sweaters.
17. What are you knitting right now?Check my progress bars... I am always knitting multiple projects.
18. What do you think about ponchos?Not me, they are so OUT!
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?CIRCULAR!!
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?Bamboo
21. Are you a sock knitter?Sometimes. I will take a project with me on my vacation to Australia in November.
22. How did you learn to knit?Middle School - WA State history class
23. How old is your oldest UFO?probably 8 months
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?turtles are cute
25. What is your favorite holiday?I think it's Thanksgiving, you get 2 days vacation and get to visit family, but there are no gifts expected other than good food.
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Yarn, but not on purpose :) I try to keep down on the knick-knack cluttter.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?My subscriptions have all run out - I used to get Interweave.
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?I'd like to get knitting on 2-circulars eventually, for now I will borrow a friend's book.
29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another??The Debbie Bliss baby patterns are so cute, I have no good excuse to buy the books.
30. What are your foot measurements, and what kind of socks do you like?I wear size 9.5 US women's shoe. I like stripes.