I knit up the Widdershins
sock pattern from the new Knitty; I am impressed! These deconstructed toe-up socks turned out really well. I decided to use Cascade Fixation because the gauge is a little larger than other socks yarns. The foot is only 54 sts around. They are turning out great, I'm glad I had this yarn on hand. My only suggestion is that when you do the toe cast on, don't start with a knotted slip stitch, you can feel the knot at the toe tip. My alteration was to make these k3, p1 ribbed. After the heel turn 2 stitches had to be added to keep the pattern, another fabulous alternative is to take the 6 sts that would be on each side and turn them into a cable! Next time!
This weekend was pretty busy, Friday night was my manager's wedding - it was really fun and beautiful too. I got to take home the big elaborate flower centerpiece, but Sunday I ended up having an allergy attack all day and we had to put it on the balcony.
Saturday we did a 26 mile bike ride on the Iron Horse Trail, it included a 2.5 mile ride through a tunnel. It got pretty dark and drippy in there, cold too. We had bike lights on, it would be nearly impossible otherwise. Afterwards we had pie at the famous restaurant from the TV show Twin Peaks
. I had the cherry pie and Jesper had the "Damn good cup of coffee."